Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Magic World (working title): Chapter 10 part 3

One might infer from this seemingly anti-social behavior that Gary was something of an introvert. In terms of Real Life interactions, he found himself easily bored with the conversation when it was so inane that you could find yourself falling asleep standing up, so from a certain perspective it was true.

However online, he could find people with similar interests, where the discussions were relevant to him, and had some purpose. And where he could express everything he wanted to say without interruptions.

And no interruptions was exactly what he needed right now, to decipher this programming language, and see what it did. 

But that actually turned out to be the easy part. After a little bit of searching on the Internet, he found that the language was called INTERCAL which was created long before he was even born. He found a virtual emulator, and a compiler and it turned out to be a very long "hello world" type of program. When he ran it spit out a short message and will look like the code for another program in another programming language. 

"Dear Gary,

If you're reading this, it probably means I'm dead. I don't know how it happened, or what the repercussions will be, but I needed to make sure that somebody knew what was going on.
I made some incredible discoveries recently, but if I'm gone I need someone to make sure that these don't fall into the wrong hands.

My last update to this text is in Terre Haute Indiana where I've rented a storage garage at the south side of town. I can't really afford to say anymore right here, the first layer was designed to be easily openable, but the other layers would have most people pulling their hair out inside of two minutes. You on the other hand have hacked a bank security system with one hand while playing Tetris in the other. 

I have confidence that you'll be able to find everything. 

When you get to Terre Haute call Jackie at this number - and he will help you get to where I... was. But hopefully, if everything goes according to plan, you won't be working alone. 

Good luck,

Raul

*************************************************************

Tired lately. Sorry for all the short and/or random posts since chapter 9 ended. I've been having a hard time getting this chapter straight in my head. I have a kind of idea what's going on, but fleshing it out has proven to be... difficult. But at any rate I'm going to have to plow through this chapter, and try to get as much done at work as I can. Other than the holidays, I'm going to try to stick with one post every day during the week. 

They just may be short posts like this one, till I can figure this out...

No comments:

Post a Comment