Saturday, September 21, 2013

Highway etiquette

Hey guys.

Well I've nearly made it through 30 days of blog posts. This is something accomplished for me, because I don't think I've ever stuck with something this long before. So I'm quite proud of myself.

When I've made it through the first 30 days though, I think I'm going to be going to weekdays only. And that way if I do write anything on the weekends, I'll be able to save it for those days that I don't have anything during the week. Because, you never know, things come up all the time that make it difficult to post.

But today, I would like to talk about something very near and dear to my heart. This is something that I deal with on a daily basis, and something that drives me a little nuts.

Have you ever been out driving, and you're going maybe 5 miles over the speed limit, you're getting ready to pass some big truck that's going the speed limit? Then just before you get there the car that was just behind the semi, decides to change lanes right in front of you to pass the semi, and they are going about a half a mile an hour faster than the semi.

To me this is absolutely fucking insane. If I'm out driving and I can see that there is someone who's going faster than me coming up behind me, I will wait until that person goes by before I decide the pass someone else. That just seems like common courtesy right? So why would anyone think it's a good idea to change lanes right in front of somebody just as they're about to pass them?

And I don't mean to make a big deal about this. Since changing my route to get to work, I've had this problem much less, because I'm only on a two lane road instead of a four lane road, but when I was driving home from Scott County Park tonight, we were just about to pass a semi, and this little white SUV that was right behind the semi, and just about like 3 seconds before we would have passed both of them the SUV decides that it wants to pass the semi first. This was annoying enough, but then as it was passing the semi it seems like it could make up its mind about what speed wanted to go, so it got about half way past the semi then suddenly it was hovering right beside it going the exact same speed. It took several minutes to get past the truck this way.

Now if you've ever done this to somebody, maybe you can tell me. What the hell were you thinking?

So short blog post again tonight. I had previously been able to get quite a few posts done at work because the call volume has dropped considerably, and hopefully that will continue now that the iPhone launch is complete, but we'll see. 

In the meantime comment and suggestions. I ask for them because I care.

And thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment