Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Magic World (working title): Chapter 8 part 3

 So if any of you are wondering why I'm making this chapter so long: I have no idea, and the only reason I haven't ended this chapter and started a new on is that I'm trying to tell the story of each character in their own Chapter. But since this is only the second character to tell their story, it might come to pass that

Okay, by the time I reached the end of this post I was halfway to la-la-landm, so I hope it makes sense. I'll look at it again tomorrow for now, I'm 'bout to pass out, so time to shower and get my butt to bed.

Comments and suggestions etc

Thanks for Reading.

*********************************

Chapter 8 part 3

The whole place seemed to be lit only by red light and black light except for the big grounded stage right in the front dead center, which was barely higher than the floor, with a protective padded wall around it, and a pole at the center, and about 15 cushioned swiveling half-barrel chairs, all around it. Small round tables with about four or so metal framed chairs each were scattered around the room, with the bar on the far right hand side, and wooden booths along the back and left hand sides. The ones on the left formed a kind of wall, behind which were rooms marked “The Emerald Room and The Sapphire Room, and the opening that led back to them showed a sign that said “Private Dances: $25”

The DJ booth with set of the across from the stage behind the booths in a little room with glass windows and a small white light on inside. As the epic ending guitar solo of Money by Pink Floyd died away the DJ picked up his microphone and said, in that fast announcement voice that's all DJs use in strip clubs around the world, “Alright let's give it up for Kendall. Alright, Kendall. Remember that any of our lovely ladies will be happy to dance for you privately for the low low price of $25, get them while they're hot hot hot. Coming up to the stage next we have newcomer Candy so make some noise and show her some love."

The girl Miranda took for ‘Kendall’ gathered up all the singles, along with her skirt, skimpy bra, and halter top, and blew kisses to all the guys gathered around the stage, who whistled and applauded, but didn’t otherwise make a huge fuss. She smirked, and shook her head.

When women went to see male strippers there were hoots and cat-calls, and dancing and a general rowdiness. But it seemed when guys watched a female stripper, they sat almost motionless, just staring slack-jawed. There were a few women there too, sitting next to their men and acting a little more animated, dancing in their chairs. Most women could handle seeing other women get naked, and even see their men get their faces pressed into cleavage, but men always looked away from other naked dudes, and got practically homicidal if they saw another dude rubbing up against their women. Hypocrisy, on an epic scale, but useful to know in a situation like this.

The back of the flier had a space for 3 songs and a stage name. After a moment’s thought she jotted down 3 songs, and name, and took it to the DJ booth, knocked on the glass, and slid the flier in the small opening. The DJ, without bothering to look at her, took the flier and looked at it, nodding mutely. He pointed toward the maroon blackout curtain to the left of the stage. She went through into a dimly lit room where a few girls were busy putting on makeup, or rubbing on oil, or sprinkling glitter. A few were in the process of putting skimpy clothes back on, and heading back through the curtain.

But one girl, a petite little thing, no more than 5’ 2” and maybe 98 lbs except for the 5 pounds of silicon bolted to her chest, was sitting on one of the stools in front of the mirror, with her head down, shaking silently with sobs, Miranda realized. Looking around, she noticed that nobody else was paying her any attention, and in fact they seemed to go out of their way to avoid her. She pulled a little makeup case out of one of her many cargo pockets, and moved over to the un-occupied stool next to the crying girl.

“Oh. My. GAWD Iamsonervous,” Miranda breathed at the girl all in one breath, and started applying makeup, while keeping up a constant stream of chatter. “Are you  regular here? How do you DO it? Like, I’m here on a dare from my girlfriends, and I have to bring back all the sweaty dollar bills as proof, but to be honest this was on my bucket list anyway, like YOLO, I mean with MY chest, I am totally surprised I haven’t done it earlier. How long have you been here?" she stopped talking abruptly, still going about putting on her makeup apparently oblivious to anything and waited. The girl looked up, and glanced at Miranda, but looked away again very quickly. Just as she started to look like she was holding back an answer, Miranda started again.

"Oh, are you here for amateur night TOO? You could SO totally be a real stripper with a rack like yours, I thought about getting mine done but it was SO expensive, and it's not like I'd ever show them to just anyone, but I guess I am tonight huh? But like all the time, I mean it's not like I'm a slut or anything, I just like it when guys notice, so I wonder if that means I SHOULD go through with it, are you glad you got yours?" The girls eyes, glistening with tears blinked in confusion a few times. She glanced down at her own chest, and over at Miranda's in the mirror, as Miranda leaned forward to apply some lipstick, letting her cleavage come together. She seemed on the verge of saying something, but Miranda started again.

"But of COURSE I can't afford it on what I make, and I don't think they'd like it too much if I used my student loans to get a boob-job, I don't think it's a major qualification of marine biology, but it couldn't hurt, I mean there is this one really cute guy Alphonzo in my class right, and I SWEAR he's always checking out my rack, like he thinks I don't notice, but that's okay, because I know he can't see it when I check out his ass when he sits in front of me in class, Hoo Boy, is it a fine one too, like that guy from Boogie Nights who pulls out his fake thingie at the end on the blueray or whatever, cause THAT thing couldn't have been real, no way, but That ASS? Omigawd I would just like to smack it, and bite a big hunk out of it. So does your boyfriend know you're here?"

This got a moderate response.

"He- I mean I d- I don't have a... Boyfriend. Right now. I mean."

 She looked flustered, and was preparing for another onslaught from Miranda, but Miranda just sat and grinned at her mischievously.

"Ruby," she said sticking out her hand.

The smaller girl giggled weakly, and returned the handshake. "Pearl," she said.

Miranda laughed. "What is 'Two things that look pretty on a pendant!"

Though Pearl looked on the verge of exhaustion, and her eye makeup was runny, she laughed too.

********************************* Chapter 8 part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment