Monday, October 21, 2013

Oddball things and annoyances.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a magnet for really oddball random one-in-a-million bad luck things. Mostly annoyances, but still, very strange.

For example my glasses have a very odd effect where they refract light if I look off center even by a few degrees, giving everything a very strange blurry look, like looking at an old color picture tube.

Actually I just found a picture that demonstrates perfectly, the left is what I see through the center, and the right is what I see when I look through just a few degrees into my peripheral vision.


There have also been other oddball bad luck things lately but I can't think of all of them right now. There was a thing with the adapter for the dishwasher, but that's all fixed now. Still annoying though.

Anyway, I've been feeling lately like I don't have enough time. For everything. Though I'll admit that a lot of that is due to playing too much GTA 5, but some of it is just that I spend too much time driving back and forth to work.

Oh, speaking of which when you are on a tight budget and you need a "new" car (as in new to you) things are SUPER stressful. I have a few things I would like in a vehicle, but it seems like some of these things are really jacking up the pricing. Really though I only have two things that are fairly important to me, other than the obvious drivability, safety, etc. The first one is that I would like a 4WD or AWD, because driving something else around in wintertime in freaking IOWA when commuting to a job that really doesn't have a very impressive bad weather policy... Yeah, it's not fun. The second thing is some way to connect my phone, which is, again, a safety issue. I love being able to play music through the car stereo, which I used to be able to do when I had a vehicle with a tape deck, then suddenly with this last car (may she rest in peace) I only had CDs or Radio or my phone with freaking headphones. Again not the safest.

Also the Focus has bluetooth so you can use that to talk on the phone in the car which is really freaking awesome, and I loves it so much. Can I live without it? I dunno, maybe? But should I have to try?

Also, I would love to have something in Black. For the car. Yep. 

So yeah, life is being a little unusual lately. I'm just waiting for the little people to come after me and try to kick my ass for my portrayal of halflings and dwarves in my story.

Or shins maybe.... I'm a horrible person for even thinking that.

No comments:

Post a Comment